Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best golf app for iPhone and apple watch.

I Have 38mm watch connected to iPhone 6. Attempting to use golf app call Golfshot. It some fails to calculate gps distance. it appears that if I refresh the app on the iPhone will occur. It appears watch loses connectivity to phone or app loses connection. Has anyone notice this? Or have a golf app for phone/watch that works correctly. Have also tried "The GRINT" app but it is presently worse.

Watch Standard 38mm, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 14, 2015 5:17 PM

7 replies

Nov 6, 2017 8:02 PM in response to randrade33

I feel your pain. I like the app and insist on using it with my Apple Watch. It works but it’s just slow. I’m just trying to figure out if the watch is the slow factor or is it the app. I have a series 0 watch and don’t know if performance will improve with any of the updated watches. I’ve contacted customer support but no response yet after two days.

May 15, 2015 11:24 AM in response to bizzy44

I used GolfShot with my Apple Watch yesterday for the 1st time, and experienced the same issues. The GolfShot iPhone app itself is rock solid and I've used it for years, so it was very disappointing to see how flakey the Watch app is.

In addition to what you reported, I also noticed that if you haven't previously started the round on your iPhone app, the watch app will hang waiting for the iPhone app to start, even after you have started the iPhone app. Lesson here is to insure the iPhone app is in an active round before starting the apple watch app.

Hope they fix some of these issues very soon.

May 15, 2015 11:32 AM in response to dnimtz

I attempted to use Golfshot again this morning. I knew you had to have it started on iPhone which I did. It kept telling me to start app on phone. I must have killed and restart the app at least 4 times with same results. I used "The GRINT" for today instead. THE GRINT only gives you distance GPS and you do not have to have the APP running on the iPhone. I did have some problems with it and I am communicating with the developer to help them resolve.

As far as GOLFSHOT, I have sent email over the past couple of days to them and have yet to hear any kind of response.

In addition, I just sent email to "Swing by Swing" to see if they are coming out with a Apple Watch version.

May 15, 2015 4:48 PM in response to bizzy44

dnimtz,

On the GOLFSHOT subject. The thing is weird. This afternoon I am setting at home and now the golfshot app will work. Also, I stop the app on iPhone and the watch continue to work. I step it through 18 holes and forward the score card to myself. It is weird because you are suppose to have Golfshot open on the iPhone. I had killed it completely. GPS did not matter since I was setting in my house.

Apr 10, 2016 7:38 AM in response to bizzy44

The Golfshot watch connectivity is unreliable. I've been trying to use it for a few months and have given up at this point. Never know when it will work or not. Support has had me do a hard reinstall of the app. That fixed it for a few days then it went bad again, and a reinstall today does not help. They need to fix this or stop charging people for the app with expectations that it works with apple watch

May 2, 2016 9:41 AM in response to bizzy44

I have tried just about every golf gps app and have had zero success with any of them. SwingXSwing is my favorite phone app because it gives you wind speed etc. but no one can help me when it comes to their apple watch interface. All I ever get is the "thinking circle of death" and the app never opens on the watch. You name the golf app with apple watch and I've tried it and have yet to have one actually work with my watch. I guess the only alternative is to break down and buy a golf GPS watch and put the Apple Watch on the shelf during golf rounds.

May 2, 2016 10:11 AM in response to randrade33

randrade33 wrote:

.. but no one can help me when it comes to their apple watch interface. All I ever get is the "thinking circle of death" and the app never opens on the watch. You name the golf app with apple watch and I've tried it and have yet to have one actually work with my watch. ..

The following steps may help. Try to open an affected app after each:

• On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > In the Storage section, tap on Manage Storage > Music > Edit (upper-right corner) > delete All Songs.
  • Back up your iPhone to iCloud (do not reset your iPhone afterwards, just make the backup):

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

• Next back up (but do not Sync) your iPhone to iTunes, selecting the option to "Encrypt iPhone backup" (again, do not reset your iPhone afterwards, just make the backup):

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

• Try opening an affected app again.
  • Music can be added back to your iPhone again after trying these steps.

Best golf app for iPhone and apple watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.