Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! I tried to put bootcamp on my mac, now i only have windows...

Hi Everyone,

So I have an imac, late 2013 model with no disc slot. I wanted to put windows 64 on my mac. So i tried to partitioned my mac with bootcamp. But now I only have windows... If it helps you understand how the problem may occur, I used this website for instruction.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/15/using-boot-camp-to-install-windows-7-on-you r-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

When I partitioned my mac, I put 100gb for the mac side and the rest for the windows (I need to put my space on the window side for my projects; I have 1TB of storage)

I don't know what went wrong but I've put bootcamp on my macbook pro and i know when i start up my mac, I can access my mac or windows. Whereas now on my imac, it starts up with windows and I can only access the windows side. What can i do to just format my computer to how it was initially (latest Yosemite was the version I had) , with just my mac?

Should I just bring my imac to Apple and get them to format it back to normal?

I'm not tech savvy so excuse my lack of knowledge or terms.

Thank you in advance.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on May 14, 2015 5:51 PM

8 replies

May 14, 2015 6:23 PM in response to sophxa

Hold down the Option key (preferably using a wired USB keyboard) while starting up your Mac. Are you not seeing a choice of disks/systems to use for startup?

Unless all your data and documents are thoroughly backed up to other drives, please don't "reformat" anything.

[BTW, the instructions you used are over six years old.]

May 19, 2015 7:38 AM in response to sophxa

Did you enable BitLocker after Windows was installed? If possible, OS X: Installing OS X on an external volume - Apple Support, and boot from this external disk. This will allow your internal disk partitioning to be examined.

You can also try OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support and get to the Recovery Console and check the partitions, but this requires using a camera to take screen shots. You can switch between Terminal and Disk Utility and Safari, but it can be a bit more tedious compared to the first method.

Using either method, can you post the output of the following Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

May 20, 2015 7:24 AM in response to sophxa

BC Drivers are Bootcamp Drivers. They support Apple-specific hardware on your Mac under Windows. You can see the matrix at System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support.

You do not need to click on Recovery. Click on OSX and verify that OSX boots properly. You can switch between the two OSes using Boot Camp: Set the default operating system.

You do not need to install OSX on an external drive, but I suggest you have good back ups of both OSes on external drives, for recovery purposes.

HELP! I tried to put bootcamp on my mac, now i only have windows...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.