You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my MOTU Ultralite Mk3 to be seen by LPX 10.1.1 on OSX 10.10.3

Just got LPX - downloaded the latest firmware to the MOTU ultralite MK3, and updated to OSX 10.10.3.

In the logic preferences it can see many inputs and outputs but not the MOTU - even when it is hooked up via USB or Firewire - the firewire is going through a thunderbolt expansion dock, the USB is on the Mac Mini late 2014 model. (16GB of ram)

The system profiler (when connected to USB) shows it by name, when connected via firewire it seems to show up but I can't be sure since there is no name associated with it.

Thoughts ?

Mac mini

Posted on May 14, 2015 7:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2015 7:27 PM

You installed the latest firmware but did you also install the latest drivers?

In the logic preferences it can see many inputs and outputs but not the MOTU

So which interface is providing all those inputs and outputs if it is not the Motu?

Does the interface show up in OS X's Midi/Audio Utility?

Have you used Motu's CueMix and the Motu Audio setup app to configure everything?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2015 7:27 PM in response to mikefilmguy

You installed the latest firmware but did you also install the latest drivers?

In the logic preferences it can see many inputs and outputs but not the MOTU

So which interface is providing all those inputs and outputs if it is not the Motu?

Does the interface show up in OS X's Midi/Audio Utility?

Have you used Motu's CueMix and the Motu Audio setup app to configure everything?

May 15, 2015 5:21 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks for your response !

I had read a similar response that you had made to another MOTU user - and I had gone to the MOTU downloads page. I don't usually see references to "drivers" when dealing with Mac related hardware/software, and when I couldn't get the MOTU audio installer that I had just downloaded to open (FWR, double clicking did not work on the installer, I had to right click and choose "open") I just figgered it was outdated software and advice. I was, however, able to DL and install the firmware.

After your message, I revisited my process and that download page and voila, it worked - thanks ! And there it is, in the corner of the MOTU audio setup dialog box, "Driver 1.6".

I just don't remember having to do all this before !

I can't get my MOTU Ultralite Mk3 to be seen by LPX 10.1.1 on OSX 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.