Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Info dropping out of new entries in iCal

Hi all,

I've recently started using iCalendar for work and am having some issues with it dropping info from events I enter into it.

Basically, I click into the date, create an event and adjust the time ands enter an event name, invite attendees, whatever. Then I exit the event and everything looks good. Until the calendar syncs and suddenly all my info if gone; the event just shows as "new event" with no info, time has reverted to whatever it was when I first opened the event, invites have not been sent and any notes have disappeared.

Oddly, the one time this happened when I attached a doc, it was still there despite all other details disappearing.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to avoid having to re-enter the same data 2 or 3 times..?

Posted on May 14, 2015 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:32 AM

I have been having this same problem for the past few days. From reading some other posts, I tried entering all info for an event but keeping the calendar option to the default position. So far, that seems to work and prevents the entry from reverting to "new event." It is frustrating though, as I use different color calendar settings for different people - and now everything being entered is all the same color so a bit clunkier to use the calendar for a quick check.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2015 2:32 AM in response to Liz EA

I have been having this same problem for the past few days. From reading some other posts, I tried entering all info for an event but keeping the calendar option to the default position. So far, that seems to work and prevents the entry from reverting to "new event." It is frustrating though, as I use different color calendar settings for different people - and now everything being entered is all the same color so a bit clunkier to use the calendar for a quick check.

Aug 2, 2015 6:23 PM in response to Liz EA

I also have this problem. It is very frustrating. I find that if I use the entry that has defaulted to a New Event a second time, the data I have entered remains and it's all OK (ie, I get to use my different coloured calendars etc). I also find that it only happens when I enter the information for the new event using my iMac. When I use my iPhone it doesn't seem to be a problem. Go figure! Having said all that, APPLE, PLEASE FIX IT!

Aug 10, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Liz EA

Same problem.

I figured out it happens when you change the calendar (color) from your default. If you change the calendar (color) when creating an event, information will NOT be saved and it will show up as a blank 'new event' on your calendar. When you open the blank new event it will show the desired calendar (color) you initially chose, you can then re-enter the information and it will save normally.

To save time (until this is fixed) I create a new event, select the calendar (color), close the window, select the new event from the calendar and then enter the information.

Info dropping out of new entries in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.