Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.3 update = pure crap!!

I have been a apple, ie Mac user for twenty years and only have had minor hiccups with the equipment and operating system compared to Windows machines problematic out of the box. Not until I did an update like usual this past weekend have I felt like I am in Wndows **** from updating to 10.10.3. I cannot access my Retina MBP due to the lovely prohibitive startup icon that Apple engineered. I am really, really angry and fell cheated by Apple. SO, any suggestions, since Time Machine will not work, reinstall via internet is a no-go, zapping PRAM, etc is all buckus and no joy to productivitiy. ANY help would surely be appreciated. TIA

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 10.10.3 is crap

Posted on May 14, 2015 8:04 PM

5 replies

May 15, 2015 3:53 PM in response to Eric Root

I have tried:

1. Safe Mode

2. Verbose Mode

3. Zapping Pram

4. Network startup

5. Time Machine backup

6.. Cmd + R which ask if I want to re-install OS, and 13+ hours later I have the prohibited startup icon

Visiting the support area of apple.com is a nightmare and no way to download yosemite 10.10.2

My extended warranty is expired, but I never have needed it in the past - things worked.

Closest genius bar is over 1 hour away, but may have to make a trip and throw money away to them. Did I mention I an rather angry?

10.10.3 update = pure crap!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.