Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8.3) constantly dropping WiFi during Skype, Viber or FaceTime voice calls

Every time I'm having a voice call using any of the apps (Skype, Viber, FaceTime), the WiFi signal goes off and on every few seconds.

Sometimes it takes 5 minutes until it happens, sometimes just a few seconds after the call has started, but it always happens, no exceptions.

After a few on-off-on-off, the WiFi stays down and the phone remains connected on 4G, and I have to manually disable and then re-enable the WiFi in order to get it to connect again...

Anybody have any fix for this? Or is it a known bug in iOS 8 that nobody cares about?

Ironically and maybe good to mention is that the WiFi router is an Apple AirPort Extreme...

Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 15, 2015 6:35 AM

5 replies

May 15, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Vlad-RO

Do you have any other devices connected to your router? Tell us if they're working OK.

Try to reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

May 15, 2015 6:43 AM in response to D.Cohen

Hi D.Cohen,

No, I do not want to resent any of my network settings.

I have lots of networks where my phone connects automatically, and I like that and don't want to go through the process of collecting passwords again...

This surely can't be the "professional & apple-worthy" fix...

Yes I have access to the router & all my other (Android) colleagues have no issues.

At home I also don't have this problem...

iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 8.3) constantly dropping WiFi during Skype, Viber or FaceTime voice calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.