Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

exporting from Final Cut Pro back to DV tape

Is it possible to export a project done in Final Cut Pro back to mini DV tape? I need to do it in order to put in on a Windows machine at school. Or, is there a way to export it so I can import it into a Windows machine to use with Final Cut Pro? Thank you.

iMac Intel Mac OS X (10.4.7)

iMac Intel Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Oct 24, 2006 6:11 AM

4 replies

Oct 24, 2006 6:27 AM in response to JSurab

Is it possible to export a project done in Final Cut Pro back to mini DV tape? I need to do it in order to put in on a Windows machine at school.

Yes,
- hook up your camera to the computer via firewire
- put the camera in VTR mode
- push RECORD on the camera
- play the timeline
- STOP recording when the sequence is complete
- your material is now on the tape.

Gotchas ...Make sure you have set the display and the audio to be sent out firewire to the external monitor (aka your camera).

For an alternative to the process described above, read the manual section on "Print to Tape".

Once at school, your windows machine needs the ability to capture video material.

Or, is there a way to export it so I can import it into a Windows machine to use with Final Cut Pro?

Final Cut Pro does not run on a Windows machine. I don't understand your question.

good luck.
x

exporting from Final Cut Pro back to DV tape

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.