Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

During iPhone sync iTunes is looking for old and nonexistent airport extreme

While syncing an iPhone 5 iTunes the process stops with a message that says there was a problem connecting to the server airport extreme. I have not used an airport extreme for 3 years and now this message pops up and I cannot sync. I have tried usb and wifi approaches. The airport extreme is not listed in network settings. Any ideas on what to do?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 15, 2015 12:22 AM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 11:36 AM in response to Northern Exposure

I have the same problem, but i'm using a time-capsule regularly (iTunes-Library is on it, and so the music i sync to my iPhone).

I get this Message since i changed the name of my TimeCapsule.
It had the name "xyz@TC" before. Then i realized, that the "@" sign causes some problems in the network.
Now my TimeCapsule has the name "TimeCapsule-xyz".

I started making backups to the TC, when it had the old name.
Since i changed the name, i get the error: "There was a problem to connecting to server xyz@TC".

Edit:
Just found out, that the problem was only 1 track that didn't got updated to the right location in the iTunes library file.
I tried to sync that track, which could not be found on the referenced location.

During iPhone sync iTunes is looking for old and nonexistent airport extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.