Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix "The installer disc could not be found" error?

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) model. Its currently running Yosemite version 10.10.3 (14D136). Processor : 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7. Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. Start up disk: Macintosh HD.

I have been try to install windows 7 home professional 64 bit on to my MBP. The steps I followed were;

1. Opened boot camp

2. Clicked continue

3. It gave me options to select the from the 2 options (1. download the latest windows support & 2. install windows 7 or later version)

4. I clicked next

5. It asks you to save the windows support software on the formatted USB

6. On downloading it asks for permission to add the Boot Camp helper. I say yes.

7. An error pops up saying "The installer disc could not be found. Insert your Windows installer disc and wait a few seconds for the disc to be recognized."

Now I have burned the Windows ISO file on a CD in ISO format and DVD format through toast. I have also copied the same on to the USB but I keep getting the same error mentioned in point 7.

Please help. I want to get past this. Am super frustrated!

Many thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 15, 2015 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2015 6:13 AM

Please use Disk Utility (Yosemite): Burn a disk image to a CD or DVD for create a CD/DVD. This CD/DVD should be in your Optical drive and BCA will verify that it is available after you select the second checkbox. It is unable to find the CD/DVD in step 7. It could have been burnt incorrectly. Please ensure that the speed of burning matches the speed supported by the physical optical drive media.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2015 6:13 AM in response to f1_desai

Please use Disk Utility (Yosemite): Burn a disk image to a CD or DVD for create a CD/DVD. This CD/DVD should be in your Optical drive and BCA will verify that it is available after you select the second checkbox. It is unable to find the CD/DVD in step 7. It could have been burnt incorrectly. Please ensure that the speed of burning matches the speed supported by the physical optical drive media.

May 15, 2015 11:23 AM in response to f1_desai

Please notice the 8x, 4x, 24x, 10x numbers. The physical media also has similar ratings. Please also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_and_DVD_writing_speed.

From MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) - Technical Specifications

Storage

• 500GB or 750GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive, 750GB 7200-rpm hard drive, or 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive6
  • 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
  • Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD

How to fix "The installer disc could not be found" error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.