Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover IMAP emails from offline ipad

I accidentally lost chunk of emails last week from IMAP account on Outlook.

Fortunately, I have IMAP on my ipad and I didn't sync my ipad that day. I disabled WiFi on IPAD and checked that I have most of emails available in that account.

Appreciate any advice on how to get my emails back?

p.s: I tried different ways to move my emails to other folders but get errors "Unable to Move Message. The message could not be moved to the mailbox folder".

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on May 15, 2015 3:36 AM

13 replies

May 20, 2015 9:34 PM in response to shahzad_anwar

imap maintains a common image of the emails on the server. All imap clients should reflect the same view.

I'd logon to the server via a web browser and see what is on the server.

you could delete your imap account on the ipad the redefine it. All emails will be downloaded again. ( Assuming they are still on the server. That's why you check before deleting the account. )

May 21, 2015 8:35 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Dears,

It was an accidental removal of some emails (1000+), I am not sure why but I did check online on mail server and emails aren't there and space is increased by 6% due to this removal of emails permanently.

I need to restore same emails from my IPAD min offline cache which is showing all emails intact. I am not connecting ipad to internet bcoz it it straight away remove all files syncing with server.

Can I reverse sync a portion by any mean?

What should be the solution??? PLZ help

May 21, 2015 9:06 AM in response to shahzad_anwar

From what you describe at this point, I would have to say your best alternative is as deggie has suggested, a 3rd party software that you may be able to recover the mail from the iPad. You are correct in not connecting it to the internet, as you would immediately lose the information. While it also may not recover all of the mail, if you have Outlook configured correctly, you should have an auto-archive file generated. It depends on how you have configured it, but it is generally a 7-14 day cycle that would have some of those emails in the archive file. Sort of an auto-backup. If the 3rd party software suggestion that deggie made does not work, this would probably be the only other alternative you have. While it may not get everything, it could recover some. This would also be the catalyst to get you to ensure you have your auto-archive set up as well.

Is there no daily backup of the computer/server that contains the mail? That may also contain a copy of your pst/ost file that may help in recovering some of the mail.

May 23, 2015 7:31 AM in response to shahzad_anwar

Check Wide Angle Software, a program called TouchCopy. It works on both Windows and Mac computers. There is a cost, however it seems this material is important enough that you would be willing to pay. Although it is not that expensive. I've used it for many things so far, and I can say it works quite well. I'm not sure what kind of time you are looking at here to try and recover 1000+ emails, but whatever.

recover IMAP emails from offline ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.