Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System sounds won't play on internal soundcard

Hello,

I have all set up correctly. My external firewire soundcard (Edirol FA-101) is set to play and record sounds, while the internal sound card is set to play system sounds (notifications and sound effects).

Still, notifications sound on my Edirol. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

MBP 15'' Late-2011, 2.2 Ghz i7

Yosemite 10.10.2

Edirol FA-101 Firewire soundcard

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 15'', Late-2011

Posted on May 15, 2015 6:14 AM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 6:25 AM in response to adrianfulop

Hello there!

I dont know the answer to your question but I am very curious to know how well the Edirol FA-101 is working with your Mac with OSX Yosemite ??

My MacBookAir dont have FireWire port but I believe that Thunderbolt-Firewire adapter should work..

From Rolands homepage I've read that Edirol FA-101 is not supported with OSX Yosemite ... But You have it working? You can record tracks with it and have no other problems than those system sounds playing through Edirol ?

Jun 3, 2015 7:54 AM in response to adrianfulop

Thank you very much for answering!!

That sounds really great. I think that this Edirol FA101 audio interface is still really "pro" equipment although it is over 10 years old. Nice to hear that I propably still can use it with my brand new MacBookAir 🙂

Now I just have to buy Thunderbolt-Firewire adapter and/or used ThunderBolt display with FireWire 🙂

System sounds won't play on internal soundcard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.