Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My OS (10.9.5) was recently reinstalled and now, when restarting from sleep, I get a totally gray screen with a line of oblong dots that light up sequentially from the left to right. It takes a long time to get to my regular login page. What can I do

I am on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.9.5. I recently took it to the Genius Bar and they reinstalled the OS. Since then it has a slow wake from sleep mode with a totally gray screen. The gray screen has a small row of oblong white dots that light from left to right. Sometimes if I enter Control Command delete, it will speed up getting to the login screen. How can I get it to start quickly again with only the usual login screen? I have tried Restarting a number of times and repairing disk permissions, but nothing I have tried has worked. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Other OS, OS 10.9.5

Posted on May 15, 2015 10:36 AM

4 replies

May 19, 2015 8:25 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the suggestions. It was after I took my computer to the Genius Bar (after backing it up first) and they reinstalled the OS for me that this whole problem started. I don't want to delete it again because then I can't get access to my wi-fi to back up from Apple, so I'm stuck again.

I've been to the store 3 times so far and I now have another appointment for this Thursday.....

My OS (10.9.5) was recently reinstalled and now, when restarting from sleep, I get a totally gray screen with a line of oblong dots that light up sequentially from the left to right. It takes a long time to get to my regular login page. What can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.