Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i would like some suggestion please imac 27'' 2010 - hhd uprgrade.

Hi I have a imac 2010 i7 2.93 ghz , 16gb ram and a 2tb hdd ( WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 )

the past month become very noisy and slow. I would like to upgrade or even downgrade .

im using the imac just for few games and I would like a better hard drive a smaller one or a bigger one, if u have any suggestion please let me know as im not very good at it and I would not know what type to buy or what kind.

thank you !

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 15, 2015 12:29 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2015 1:43 PM in response to silviuu.

If you decide the HD needs replacing then I would recommend installing a SSD however the largest capacity is currently 1TB, these sell in the $500 range. SSDs are dramatically faster than conventional spinning hard drives.They also should be more reliable due to not having any moving parts.

That being said, working on an iMac is not easy at all, in fact it's quite a challenge. Whichever route you take consider having a professional do the work.

i would like some suggestion please imac 27'' 2010 - hhd uprgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.