Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you unlock Ipad air 2 with not knowing your password?

I have an ipad air 2 and I always used the finger touch ID to get me into it, well I had to restart my ipad because it froze and when you restart the ipad you have to put the number password in but I forgot mine. The ipad says to connect to iTunes after a few guesses but when I plug my ipad into the computer it wont connect to the computer but if I try it with another device it works. How do I Get into my Ipad please help??

iPad Air

Posted on May 15, 2015 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2015 3:23 PM

See if this article helps you to get connected to iTunes (both versions posted below):

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Cheers,

GB

13 replies

May 15, 2015 4:41 PM in response to dylan123099

I tried to do this 2 times.

Recovery mode

If you've never synced your device with iTunes, or haven't set up Find My iPhone, you'll need to put your device in recovery mode. Then you'll restore your device as new or from a backup.

This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Disconnect all cables from your device.
  2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.User uploaded file
  5. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1–4 again.

I get to the iTunes page where it says it is downloading or restoring...( forgot) and stays stuck on 2 hours remaining for 15 minutes then says can not connect with ipad it is locked and need to use password....that is our problem..we have no password!!

How do you unlock Ipad air 2 with not knowing your password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.