Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, unfortunately i have forget the backup password related to iTunes and need to know the way to retrieve it

Hi, unfortunately i have forget the backup password related to iTunes and need to know the way to retrieve it. Please guide me the way for that.

Posted on May 15, 2015 4:50 PM

10 replies

May 15, 2015 11:51 PM in response to Kappy

Thank you again. I will explain more.

i am using iTunes on my laptop Windows system. Three months back I made full backup of my iPhone 5s to change the mobile to iPhone 6. At that time iTunes requested to fix password to the backup (I think because I have protected business email). However every thing was fine that time.

Now I got iPhone 6 plus and when I made back up from my old iPhone 6 to change to iPhone 6 plus, iTunes protected the backup with the old password made as mentioned above.

Unfortenatly I forget that password so I am unabel to restore the backup file to new iPhone 6 plus.

This the problem.

So i need the solutions or the was to get back the password or to change it to new password like the way used if I forget Apple Account Password (by sending email etc).

Hope it is clear now.

Awaiting your support.

May 16, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Limnos

FIne

Why itunes force me for password for backup of my iPhone, is it because my iPhone has protected email that run and work under Profile & Device Management ??

If I deleted this protected email and remove it from Profile & Deviceom Management made iPhone opened (iPhone will be without passcode) then does the backup will work without force me for password??????

Pls note that if I tried to make backup for any other device that has no any application run under Profile & Device Management , then iTunes doesn't not ask for any password .

Awaiting for you kind answer and feed back.

Hi, unfortunately i have forget the backup password related to iTunes and need to know the way to retrieve it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.