Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could someone help me with a VPN issue?

I am using 4 seperate VPN services. I have set them up exactly as instructed by each service in OSX 10.10.3 network settings. And when I am not connected to a VPN my internet speed is working perfectly.

MOst of the time I can connect to a VPN but nothing downloads at all. I can't browse the internet and so forth.

And then there are times I can not connect to the VPN services at all.

My Mac Mini 2012 i7 16GB 1TB is connected to my Airport Time Capsule.

I have no idea what I can do to fix this issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2012

Posted on May 15, 2015 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2015 11:38 AM

VPN requires certain ports be open on System Preferences Sharing or Security, if someone is going to come in on a VPN.

You may need to open the same ports on the router's built-in settings or map your computer's intranet IP to the ports of the VPN on the router.

The router is your Time Capsule.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2015 11:38 AM in response to simonp_au

VPN requires certain ports be open on System Preferences Sharing or Security, if someone is going to come in on a VPN.

You may need to open the same ports on the router's built-in settings or map your computer's intranet IP to the ports of the VPN on the router.

The router is your Time Capsule.

Could someone help me with a VPN issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.