Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New photos won't hold in Addressbook

I'm running Snow Leopard on a MacPro2,1 8-core.

Once in a while you get a new photo for a contact in your Addressbook.

Well, when I insert the new photo, close and restart Addressbook - the old photo is back.

Even when I delete every instance of the old photo from ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Addressbook/images and then insert the new photo into the contact - when I restart Addressbook the old photo pops up again. When I then enter Edit mode - on the edit page the new photo is shown and visible in the contact info when I close the edit window. Quitting and restarting Addressbook shows the old photo again in the contact until I again enter edit mode. etc. etc.

This same procedure done with Addressbook on my MacBookPro6,2 results in the new photo being displayed with no traces of the old photo anywhere.

Synchronizing the Addressbook data with Synchronize! X Plus from the MacBook Pro to the MacPro results in a clean file on the Mac Pro, too.

So, why can't I edit photos in Addressbook on the Mac Pro but can edit photos in Addressbook on the MacBook Pro??

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 16, 2015 12:06 AM

There are no replies.

New photos won't hold in Addressbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.