Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hide purchased apps with itunes 12 (current version)

hey there,

i would like to hide purchased apps in itunes 12. i saw some instructions where to press an X when moving the mouse on the app in the overview of purchased apps. unfortunately there is no X coming up. is the feature not present anymore? i want to hide some apps for family sharing.

current itunes release

Posted on May 16, 2015 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2015 4:07 AM

I just tested this out, following the instructions here: Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

You're right! The "X" doesn't appear. But, it seems to still work. Position your mouse in the upper left corner of the app and you'll see it turns into a hand with a pointed finger. Click. It still works. It would appear the "X" is invisible.

I'd suggested submitting this to http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html .

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2015 4:07 AM in response to iamable

I just tested this out, following the instructions here: Hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

You're right! The "X" doesn't appear. But, it seems to still work. Position your mouse in the upper left corner of the app and you'll see it turns into a hand with a pointed finger. Click. It still works. It would appear the "X" is invisible.

I'd suggested submitting this to http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html .

Dec 7, 2015 12:17 PM in response to iamable

Grrrrrr! I'm in the Purchased section of the App Store. So far so good. But I have HUNDREDS of apps to sort through! There's no way I'm going to look through all this to find the app I want to hide!

But there's a Name popup, so you can sort them by name, right? But when I choose that, in NO WAY does it sort them in alphabetical order!

Top row, L-R: Halloween, Puppy Dog, CovertMosiac, Open Funk Sores, Microgaming VR, Car Buying, etc.

That is not alphabetical order. I am NOT going to spend all day looking through an unsorted list.

I really don't understand all the Apple bugs lately...

EDIT: There is a tiny, faint "Searched Purchased Items" search box at the top left so I can at least search for the app(s) I want to hide.

Still don't understand all the bugs, though.

hide purchased apps with itunes 12 (current version)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.