Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After reinstalling Snow Leopard, I try upgrading to 10.6.8, but after I do and try restarting my computer, I don't receive my normal log-on box. Any help appreciated.

After reinstalling Snow Leopard (since I was having IPhone sync problems and printer not recognized), I try upgrading to version 10.6.8 via Software Update. After I restart my computer, it never fully comes back to log-in screen, but just the purple starry background with no log-in screen. Any help appreciated. All of this started when I discovered by sync button was grayed-out on iTunes, when trying to transfer some new songs to my iPhone. Also, my printer is now not working.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on May 16, 2015 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

May 17, 2015 1:05 PM in response to Eric Root

I was finally able to upgrade to OS X 10.6.8 successfully. Thanks.

I'm still having issues with my Mac recognizing my iPhone for syncing songs ("sync" function under devices is grayed out) and now also my printer is not being recognized. Do these two issues sound related to you? Or are they different? Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Kevin

After reinstalling Snow Leopard, I try upgrading to 10.6.8, but after I do and try restarting my computer, I don't receive my normal log-on box. Any help appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.