Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book prices

With Aperture sadly on the way out, is it possible to print a book from Aperture 3.6 - via Apple's print services?

The 'Options and Prices' button within Aperture 3.6 takes you to this page :-(

Thanks!

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Clean machine... no haxies; no Microsoft etc

Posted on May 16, 2015 10:03 AM

8 replies

May 16, 2015 1:46 PM in response to Mark Sealey

I also love Aperture. Always have. My nervousness lies in upgrading to a future version of the OS and finding…

:-(

Never upgrade to a new MacOS X without having two working backups. I always keep a bootable clone in addition to the regular Time Machine backups. This way it easy to revert to the previous system, if I find that essential applications are no longer compatible with the new system.

Aperture 3.6 will work, as long as we have a Mac that supports MacOS X 10.10.3.

By then, Photos should be usable. And Capture One Pro is really a good alternative.

May 16, 2015 1:56 PM in response to léonie

Léonie,

Yes, I keep multiple backups; thanks :-)

I have 3.6; I just need to be eagle-eyed in making sure a (Yosemite) update doesn't slip in which scuppers Aperture.

Also watching for better Photos.

Frankly, I use the effects and photo editing less than the filing, metadata and hierarchical organization of my precious images.

I took a quick look at Capture One Pro 8.

It seems good.

Is it really going places, able to work as well as we have become used to with Aperture… I always arrange, pre-categories and geotag etc on my hard drive; then do mitigate/keyword-rich imports using Aperture presets.

Can Capture One Pro do that too… 'capturing' suggests an emphasis on camera import?

May 16, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Mark Sealey

Capture one has a magnificent raw development, lens correction, and the adjustements will produce stunning clarity, sharpness, definition.

The organization is very similar to Aperture, see this help page: http://help.phaseone.com/en/CO8/Organizing-Photos.aspx

I have not yet found metadata presets, but you can customise the workspace and keyboard shortcuts.

Book prices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.