Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing file info from itunes

I have edited my mp3 files in my music library folder to remove composer information. When I open iTunes that info is still there. Why won't that disappear when removed from the source files?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on May 16, 2015 4:20 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2015 4:31 PM in response to trainspotters

iTunes doesn't scan files for changes made externally. Had you removed the data using iTunes then it should have gone, although there are some circumstances (involving multiple tags or incorrect security permissions) where the data might still persists. Try playing one of the files that you've edited. Does the composer information vanish? If so try my script UpdateTagInfo.

tt2

May 18, 2015 4:41 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the info, but the vbs files would not download. But here is what I did: deleted the sons from iTunes, and redid the add folder to library. It took some time, as my ipod has about 13000 files, but it was quicker/easier than deleting the info in iTunes, since multiple songs cannot be selected to "show info". Any idea why the vbs files would not download? Win 7/64, IE 11.

Don

removing file info from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.