Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We could not complete your App Store request.

i couldn't update my mac i need the newest softwere.. the app store wouldn't open it says" We could not complete your App Store request. The App Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 16, 2015 1:13 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2015 7:24 PM in response to nada1111

Please test after taking each of the following steps.

Step 1

Log out or restart the computer.

Step 2

Check that Spotlight is working. You should be able to find your apps by searching for them by name. If you can't, rebuild the Spotlight index. If you intentionally disabled Spotlight by hacking the system, undo the hack. Spotlight must be functioning if you want to use the App Store.

Step 3

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Trash. Log out, log back in, and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combinationcommand-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

May 17, 2015 3:51 AM in response to nada1111

The Apple servers were down for that period of time. If the problem continues, it means that your internet connection cannot connect to Apple servers or your Apple ID was not working. If you can access the purchases page on the Apple Store, check there and see if the latest software is there. If it is there, just download it from previous purchases.

We could not complete your App Store request.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.