Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Published perfectly, uploaded seamlessly, but ...

I had to do add 2 edits, did them but when I went to publish 'Site Changes Only' and viewed the site, all that appeared was the INDEX, but none of the pages.

I then proceeded to 'Publish Entire Site', same results.

I have checked my HD folder where my websites are located. Everything is in order, that is, it is published and dated correctly. I tried to insert a screen shot but it would not do so on this page.

Cannot discern how I could have a perfectly published site in iWeb, uploaded it seamlessly on the internet, checked it out after the upload. All is perfect order. I cannot even access the the site from the internet. All appears is the INDEX. When something goes askew with an upload, at least I can access the website despite it not being the one updated.

Never has this occurred before.

Here's what I have do routinely before uploading:

1. Remove History

2. Empty Caches

The FTP Filezilla has always performed perfectly well. My problem is iWeb not republishing the site with two minor edits. [The 2 pages that were edited, published perfectly well and uploaded along with 3 other pages.

HELP!

Website URL: http://lanark-baldersonpastoralcharge.ca

I had to do add 2 edits, did them but when I went to publish 'Site Changes Only' and viewed the site, all that appeared was the INDEX, but none of the pages.

I then proceeded to 'Publish Entire Site', same results.

I have checked my HD folder where my websites are located. Everything is in order, that is, it is published and dated correctly. I tried to insert a screen shot but it would not do so on this page.

Cannot discern how I could have a perfectly published site in iWeb, uploaded it seamlessly on the internet, checked it out after the upload. All is perfect order. I cannot even access the the site from the internet. All appears is the INDEX. When something goes askew with an upload, at least I can access the website despite it not being the one updated.

Never has this occurred before.

Here's what I have do routinely before uploading:

1. Remove History

2. Empty Caches

The FTP Filezilla has always performed perfectly well. My problem is iWeb not republishing the site with two minor edits. [The 2 pages that were edited, published perfectly well and uploaded along with 3 other pages.

HELP!

Website URL: http://lanark-baldersonpastoralcharge.ca

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on May 16, 2015 1:24 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2015 1:35 PM in response to kananaskis

Dear Community,

After I posted my situation, I went to the other websites and found they were not showing anything but the INDEX. My lame brain recalled that if this occurs on other sites, it is a matter of not having the images engaged.

Sure enough, upon checking the DEVELOP Menu, I had accidentally DISABLED IMAGES.

Please ignore my posting. Panic prevailed but my lame brain activated itself.

Apologies! For the mis-post.

May 16, 2015 5:39 PM in response to jello2014

Hi, fellow iWebber,

The 'Develop' Menu is in Safari not iWeb.

Here's the pathway thread:

Safari - Preferences - Advance - at the bottom of the Advance screen you will see an empty 'check box' to 'Show Develop menu in the Menu Bar'. Check it and you will now have 'Develop' available for you to choose whatever you wish including 'Empty Caches'. Don't do what I did accidentally today and 'Disable Images'.

I, too, will have 'bugs' occasionally when updating a website. Write-up the 'bug' and someone within the Forum will come up with a solution. This has helped so much over the years.

Good luck!

😉🙂

Published perfectly, uploaded seamlessly, but ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.