Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete movies from my laptop to make more space, while keeping them in the cloud and on my other devices??!

My laptop hard drive is completely full from the movies i have purchased via itunes. I want to keep the movies in the cloud so i can still access them on the iPad but remove them off my laptop!! Please Help!!

Posted on May 16, 2015 4:16 PM

4 replies

May 18, 2015 12:45 PM in response to pleaseandthankyou123

Hi there Pleaseandthankyou123,

From your post it sounds like you want to delete these movies from your computer and still have them available on your iOS devices. Deleting them from your computer should have absollutely no effect on the other devices if you do it as outlined in this article:

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

May 19, 2015 1:34 PM in response to sterling r

Thankyou Sterling r!
Unfortunately as im running itunes from a Windows Vista Computer there is no edit option to remove the movies from this particular device. And if i select 'delete' after right clicking on the file it completely disappears and i have to re purchase it if i want to watch it again!

Any more help would be so appreciated!!

May 25, 2015 11:30 AM in response to pleaseandthankyou123

My apologies, I misread your initial post and was unexpectedly away from work for a week.

The only movies you should have to repurchase if deleted are Rentals. You should be able to redownload them from your purchased history with this article:

Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud

On a Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click More (three dots) in the upper-left corner.
  3. Click Movies User uploaded file or TV Shows User uploaded file from the pop-up menu.
  4. Click iTunes Store.
  5. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  6. Under Movie Quick Links or TV Show Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  7. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  8. Scroll to find the item that you want to download.
  9. Click the Download User uploaded file icon in the upper-right corner of the item you want to download. Your app downloads to your library.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

How do i delete movies from my laptop to make more space, while keeping them in the cloud and on my other devices??!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.