Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i turn iCloud photo sharing on from my mac

i forgot the passcode to my iPhone and iCloud photsharing was not turned on but i don't want to loose all of my photos if i have to restore it...

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 16, 2015 4:22 PM

1 reply

May 18, 2015 1:03 PM in response to guggaosk1999

Hi guggaosk1999,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're not able to enter the passcode on your iPhone. I can understand that you wouldn't want to lose your photos in this situation.

If you've synced your iPhone with iTunes on a computer, you can try this method to create a back up of your data before restoring the device:

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect the device to the computer you normally sync with.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)
  3. iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.
  4. After the sync is complete, restore your device.

User uploaded file

5. When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."
  6. Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.

All the best,

Jeremy

can i turn iCloud photo sharing on from my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.