Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Mighty Mouse issue

Recently I bought a used Apple Wireless Mighty mouse because I don't like the Magic Mouse. Anyways, when I have my external display connected (AOC 27" HDMI) the cursor is laggy and jumpy. I have tried almost everything on the internet and same issue. Its still jumpy when not connected, but not as bad. Does anyone have a fix? I know this is an older issue but its still exists in Mavericks AND Yosemite. I really don't wanna spend $50 for a brand new wireless mighty mouse and end up still having this issue. Any help would be nice.

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 16, 2015 10:21 PM

1 reply

Dec 6, 2015 2:14 AM in response to Zcb310

Hi,

I don't know if you've found a solution. I just identified the culprit after months of having this problem : it's the blued daemon. You have to restart it to get the mouse to work again. I've devised a small script, that I compiled as an app and leave on my desktop to kill blued, so when the mouse starts misbehaving I just double click on it.

In order not to type the password every time I created a keychain element named BluedScript that contains my administrator password. The first part of the script just gets the password from that entry. You'll need to create the entry too.

If you've found another solution, please tell me, this is not really perfect !

Here it is in case it helps :

o

on getPW(keychainItemName)

do shell script "security 2>&1 >/dev/null find-generic-password -gl " & quoted form of keychainItemName & " | awk '{print $2}'"

return (text 2 thru -2 of result)

end getPW

set MyResponse to "Error"

set app_name to "blued"

set the_pid to (do shell script "ps ax | grep " & (quoted form of app_name) & " | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}'")

if the_pid is not "" then

set MyResponse to do shell script ("kill -9 " & the_pid) password getPW("BluedScript") with administrator privileges

if MyResponse = "" then

display notification "Bluetooth Reset"

else

display notification "ERROR : " & MyResponse

end if

end if

Wireless Mighty Mouse issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.