Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad wifi and operation issues with iOS 8.3

IOS 8.3 has rendered my iPad 2 virtually useless. Internet connectivity is now on and off, where before it was fine. The screen hesitates and apps appear to be jerking into place when starting up. It's noticeably slower. Tried reset and hard reset. Has anything else helped improve performance??

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 16, 2015 8:32 PM

3 replies

Jun 2, 2015 1:49 PM in response to Merlinmk3

Merlinmk3

The only thing that has helped at all in this case (but hasn't completely solved this issue by any means) has been for me to do a rest on my cable modem. Not just a power reset, but by using the modem's physical reset button. I unplugged my Airport and Airport Express, reset my iPad's network settings/forgot my network, then shut down my iPad. After the reset of the modem, I plugged the Airport devices back in, turned my iPad on and rejoined my network. As I said, there are still connection issues and it doesn't run nearly as well as my other devices. I have 5 GB of free space on it. Good luck until this gets addressed, or when we can all afford new iPads.

iPad wifi and operation issues with iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.