Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Top hit displays in Safari even after clearing browsing history and website data

Using Safari on an iPad Air 2 I have noticed recently that after clearing my browsing history and removing all website data, when I type even a single letter into the address bar it always displays the top hit. I have checked and unchecked every option available in Safari preferences and it still occurs whether I choose Google or Bing as my search engine. Am I missing something?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 16, 2015 9:35 PM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 2:28 PM in response to 60D807

Anyone? Bueller...... Bueller....... Bueller........ Bueller............ Bueller........... Bueller............ Bueller...................................... Bueller.............................................. Bueller........................................................................ ............................Bueller............................................. ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ......................................................................Bueller... ........................................................

May 23, 2015 8:38 PM in response to iCensored

You don't see an issue with selecting the option "Clear History and Website Data" then going into "Advanced" just below there and clicking the tab that says "Website Data" which now shows 0 bytes as it should and yet, even with that done and all the options for preload top hit and search suggestions turned off... Even after doing all these things which would normally leave no website data, when i open safari, and type just 1 letter into the address bar.. a site that you've been to is still listed as Top Hit after clearing all browsing history and website data. And not just one site. If you type the letter A - Apple.com D - digitalocean.com W - Wordsmith.org. Plus below where it lists the "Top Hits" it lists the bookmarks and history associated with whatever letter I've typed in..... all this is directly AFTER supposedly clearing all website data.

Top hit displays in Safari even after clearing browsing history and website data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.