Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch 4g not recognised by Windows 7 PC - Tried Everything.

Hi,

Hoping for a little help here-
I've spent all morning trawling the forums.

Just got an Ipod touch 4th Gen to replace Ipod nano (3rd Gen - worked completely fine with my PC and itunes although can't test as I accidentally washed it). Did a full factory reset and made sure software was up to date via wifi.

Plug in and Windows 7 Professional only recognises as a camera device. I have tried the following:

> Changing my anti-virus settings ( was a reported problem with ESET and followed the steps on their site here: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3046 but this has not fixed it)
> Re-installing itunes
> Uninstalling the driver and re-plugging in (Only appears as "unknown device" under drivers
> Gone through the program files to the USB driver under Apple content, not allowed to "install" or update from there.

> Use a different cable
> Check the support driver is installed (It apparently is)

Basically everything on here: iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support and other forums around the internet too.

Still only displaying this:

User uploaded file

It doesn't recognise my newly purchased Iphone 5S either which I'm not overly bothered about as I listen to my tunes on the ipod BUT would be nice if I could connect. I'm assuming the two problems are linked.

Any help would be absolutely super as I'm hoping to get this sorted sooner rather than later !

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 17, 2015 7:43 AM

1 reply

Ipod Touch 4g not recognised by Windows 7 PC - Tried Everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.