Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple watch store my contacts and schedule?

I intend to buy an apple watch to reference my contact and schedule info on the inevitable day when my iPhone is rendered useless by mishap.

does an apple watch store such info and maybe lat 10 days of email?

Thanks

Tom

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 17, 2015 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2015 9:00 AM

Tomberg2ooo wrote:

I intend to buy an apple watch to reference my contact and schedule info on the inevitable day when my iPhone is rendered useless by mishap.

Thanks

Tom

Although an Apple Watch is a great thing, it's not a good back up strategy. Your contacts, calendars and email should be backed up. Most people use a cloud service such as iCloud or Google.

This is what you can do on the watch without it being connected to your iPhone:

Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone

Although you need an iPhone to do most things with Apple Watch, you can still do several things with Apple Watch without having an iPhone in range.

• Play music from a synced playlist on Apple Watch
  • Use the watch, alarms, timers, and the stopwatch
  • Keep track of your activity (stand, move, exercise) with the Activity app
  • Track workouts
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Tomberg2ooo

Tomberg2ooo wrote:

Thanks

Tom

Although an Apple Watch is a great thing, it's not a good back up strategy. Your contacts, calendars and email should be backed up. Most people use a cloud service such as iCloud or Google.

This is what you can do on the watch without it being connected to your iPhone:

Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone

Although you need an iPhone to do most things with Apple Watch, you can still do several things with Apple Watch without having an iPhone in range.

• Play music from a synced playlist on Apple Watch
  • Use the watch, alarms, timers, and the stopwatch
  • Keep track of your activity (stand, move, exercise) with the Activity app
  • Track workouts

May 17, 2015 9:41 AM in response to Tomberg2ooo

It will store some limited information. However, if your iPhone has to be replaced, you'll need to re-pair the watch with the new iPhone which will delete everything on it.

When the iPhone is turned off, you can still see your calendar entries. You can also see the list of your contacts. However, you can only see the names. You won't see any numbers so, really not very usable as you can't call or text from the watch without an iPhone.

Again, the watch is not really meant to be used independently. It is not a replacement for a good back up plan.

Does apple watch store my contacts and schedule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.