Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add iCloud email to connected drive

I have been attempting to add my email to my ConnectedDrive service from BMW.

I keep getting told the user name and password are incorrect and I know this to be incorrect. After a few attempts I thought I would add my Gmail account and the same thing happened, the difference is that following this attempt I received an email from Google letting me know there had been a strange login attempt. This is great news, its great because this allowed me to tell Google that this wasn't an attempt to hack my email but my attempt to add it the ConnectedDrive service. I then tried this with my Microsoft Live account and exactly the same situation.

So my assumption is that Apple iCloud is performing the same protection for me which is great, as we all know having our data and accounts protected is brilliant. Of course I need to find a way to tell iCloud that these attempts should be allowed so the email account can successfully be added to ConnectedDrive in the same way I have done with Gmail and Live.

If anyone has any knowledge at all of how to do this or a way to communicate with Apple to get this resolved I would really appreciate the help.

Posted on May 17, 2015 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 7:56 AM

I have just run into the same issue. It made me remember that Apple implemented the requirement for App-specific passwords a while back. (Basically extra protection for your Apple ID when it's used on non-apple devices. IE: Setting it up in Microsoft Outlook or such.)

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

You have to enable two-step verification and then generate a password for use on just the one device - in this case, your BMW. (FYI: Apple make you wait 3 days after "activating" two-step before you can complete the process.)

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 7:56 AM in response to Gary Coates

I have just run into the same issue. It made me remember that Apple implemented the requirement for App-specific passwords a while back. (Basically extra protection for your Apple ID when it's used on non-apple devices. IE: Setting it up in Microsoft Outlook or such.)

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

You have to enable two-step verification and then generate a password for use on just the one device - in this case, your BMW. (FYI: Apple make you wait 3 days after "activating" two-step before you can complete the process.)

Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2016 5:31 PM in response to Gary Coates

I am in the same boat, are the ConnectedDrive web service and the In Car app under office considered 2 things? IE, if i use the app specific password on the web will it work in the car too?

I can get it to send me the verification email but still get the error from the website version saying it cant connect to incoming mail server due to incorrect username and password (which isnt true due to the fact that it has managed to log in to the SMTP and both use same credentials)

How do I add iCloud email to connected drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.