Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the last couple of days images in my Outlook mail and other places do not open. Some of the dashboard images don’t open now, (weather e.g.). Also app store auto updates will not work. Message says Network connection lost. Don’t recall doing any t

In the last couple of days images in my Outlook mail and other places do not open. Some of the dashboard images don’t open now, (weather e.g.). Also app store auto updates will not work. Message says Network connection lost.

Don’t recall doing any thing, adding anything lately.

Have run maintenance (Onyx) program.

Still nothing.

Any help?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Intel - i5,12 G mem; 5 TB HD space

Posted on May 17, 2015 12:51 PM

16 replies

May 17, 2015 2:03 PM in response to TomJay

TomJay wrote:

All checked OK. I can receive mail, just the images don't open, just that little blue square with the question mark.

Repair permissions and restart your computer. If that does not work, do the following:

Run OS Recovery

Disconnect all devices from your computer except for the keyboard & mouse.

Boot up from your computer by holding down the command+r keys. This will take you to the recovery drive.

Select Disk Utility & hit Return.

In Disk Utility select the HD on the left & click on Repair Disk (bottom right).

When you reach the desktop after doing the above, again repair permissions & restart your computer.

==========

Which app are you using to open the images?

Suffix/type of the image files?

User uploaded file

May 17, 2015 3:04 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Followed directions.

Repaired permissions - restarted - same problem.

Booted into Recovery drive - repaired drive - no problems indicated.

Restarted - problem remains.

You asked what app I was using to open the images.

I am not trying to open the images with an app.

They are images embedded in emails, as well as Widgets in the dashboard that will not open. Only showing the little blue square.

May 18, 2015 8:51 AM in response to TomJay

How are you connected to the internet?

It appears you are having two different type of problems. Images & network. Hopefully, a knowledgeable user(s) will chime in here.

=============

If you are still under warranty and/or have AppleCare, call them. Let them deal w/it.

OOW: Take your Mac to your local Apple Store or an AASP. Diagnostic testing is FREE!

Other OOW options:

How to save money on Mac repairs with your credit card’s extended warranty

User uploaded file

May 18, 2015 11:56 AM in response to TomJay

TomJay wrote:

Comcast to Comcast box to Airport. WiFi from there.

As you can see, I can access the web and send & receive email.

Connect your iMac to the ethernet. Same problem(s)?

Message says Network connection lost.

When I tried to open Firefox or Safari it said the server connection was lost.

Something is going on w/your network. I just don't know what? As for your images problem, I have run out of ideas. Sorry. 😕

User uploaded file

In the last couple of days images in my Outlook mail and other places do not open. Some of the dashboard images don’t open now, (weather e.g.). Also app store auto updates will not work. Message says Network connection lost. Don’t recall doing any t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.