Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"1 photo to download"

I have iCloud Photo Library turned on and syncing between my iMac, iPhone, and iPad. On the iPad only, the status message says "1 photo to download" but it never downloads. If I go to Photo settings on the iPad, it says the same thing, and if I make a change (like toggling Photo Stream on and off), it shows a progress bar and a little bit of activity before giving up.

Is there any way for me to find what this photo is that's choking on the iPad? I've tried scrolling through the thumb nails but I have over 16,000 photos and that's tiring. Don't really want to toggle iCloud Photo Library on/off with this many photos - takes too long to sync up.

Thanks for any help/info.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 17, 2015 11:28 AM

3 replies

May 17, 2015 11:49 AM in response to David Bisi

FWIW I see something very similar, except my iPad is currently reporting "1 Video to Download" - which actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the only device I take photos and videos with is the iPad - in fact it is the only device connected to my iCloud! So, if anything it should be "uploading", not "downloading". But it's been like this for several days and I've been connected to Wi-Fi the whole time and for some of the time it has been charging / connected to power.

"1 photo to download"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.