Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro runs slow

Please could you tell me if i need a firewall for this my MACBOOK PRO RETINA, it's slow to open unlike before. I'm not a heavy user & not good with computers. Thank you

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on May 17, 2015 11:28 AM

2 replies

May 17, 2015 12:25 PM in response to skybilling1

If you are using your Mac at home and you connect via a router to the internet (like a wireless router, which is probably what you have), then the router already has a firewall built in, and you do not need an additional software firewall.

If you are connecting to the internet on a public network, like over free wifi at some public place like a coffee shop, then it is a good idea to turn on the software firewall that is built in to OS X, which you access via System Preferences → Security and Privacy → Firewall.

But this probably doesn't have anything to do with your mac being "slow to open".

What is "slow to open"? Do you mean that your Mac is slow to boot up? Or is there some specific application that is slow to open?

macbook pro runs slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.