Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't import any pictures from iPhoto to Microsoft Word, only Photo Booth. Why???

I can't import any pictures from iPhoto to Microsoft Word, only Photo Booth. Why???

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 17, 2015 12:25 PM

8 replies

May 18, 2015 2:49 PM in response to Trine Beck

I have been in the same boat as yourself. Since it used to work for me and I prefer word this has been extremely frustrating. However, here is a temporary fix for you that I've been using.

Export the iphoto's to a new separate folder somewhere be it your desktop or whatever. Then when you use word you can select the picture from that folder.

The way you export the iphoto photo's and make a duplicate copy is by selecting the pictures then going to [File] then scrolling down to the [Export] option.

This has been proving to be too time consuming in the long run for me these last two months. I'm about to try using the native Mac word processing program called Pages? Either that or I might just end up installing Windows on my Macbook.

Good luck! Let me know if you ever figure this out.

Jun 3, 2015 1:01 AM in response to Trine Beck

I am really sick of how many work arounds we have to have to do the simplest stuff using the macs. The utter stupidity of macs is amazing.

Enough ranting. Here is a solution.

If you are using the new released "Photos" app in OS X (I have version 10.10.3 but it is probably true for others), select the photos you want, copy

them on a temporary folder and now you can drag them into word, ppt etc.

I hope this helps.

And if any apple engineer is reading this, shame on you for making us do something like this.

Jun 3, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Pambos Anastassiou

And if any apple engineer is reading this, shame on you for making us do something like this.

If you want to assign blame then blame Microsoft engineers. They had the beta Yosemite and Photos for some so they could create the extensions to be used with Yosemite. Evidently they only applied the corrections to the latest Office offering, 2016 .. Users with Office 2011 have reported with screenshots being able to access the Photos library thru the media browser so there must be an update for it that will allow access also.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.