Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipods wont sync after my windows laptop updated

After a chat with apple from in store we are having difficulty syncing our ipods to itunes. The laptop udated to windows 8.1 and now when connecting the ipods there is no option to sync. There is only one account on itunes instead of the two we have and only one comes up but still cant sync. We have uninstalled and then re installed our security, no joy. We have un installed and then re installed itunes and still no luck. We have taken the ipods off of the laptop and put back on again and that hasnt worked. Tried numerous cables and that doesnt work. We have reset the ipods and tried everything again and still... that hasnt worked. We have run out of ideas.. Can anyone shed any light on this for us as we are slowly losing the will to live??

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 17, 2015 12:35 PM

4 replies

May 17, 2015 1:31 PM in response to rachaelandsarahrobinson

See

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with (not clear you removed/reinstalled all Apple software)

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- Then do the other actions of:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

paying special attention to item #5

- New cable and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

My ipods wont sync after my windows laptop updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.