Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I restore my personal iTunes library? All I see is the iTunes Store.

Windows 7

Posted on May 17, 2015 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2015 1:22 PM

Can you post a screenshot? What were you doing when this occurred?

3 replies

May 18, 2015 1:35 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

From other iTunes messages I located, I deleted the iTunes application and reinstalled a fresh version, then restore the music, pictures, and videos, et al. I had to recover all of the Playlists individually from my iPod, but the recovery appears to be complete. My take is Apple doesn't support Windows applications very well - - my recovery seemed overly complicated to me.

May 18, 2015 1:58 PM in response to madjack1912

I'm glad you got it working. I've not experienced problems with my iTunes library, since it is a separate function of iTunes. The removal and reinstallation of iTunes should not affect the library, unless it has to do with a corrupt library identification file. I've been using iTunes with a Windows computer platform since 2007, and with the exception of the latest changes which make navigation a little difficult, have not experiences a lack of support. Actually, they support Windows better than they do their own OS. You can still get iTunes to work with Windows XP, which is obsolete. Try doing that with older versions of OS X.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.