Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages runs very slow and I cannot delete without them coming back. Any ideas (not using iMessage just text)

Messages runs very slow and I cannot delete without them coming back. Any ideas (not using iMessage just text)

iOS 8.3, iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on May 17, 2015 4:08 PM

8 replies

May 17, 2015 4:19 PM in response to modular747

Like as in non existant. I have restart, reset, havent restored yet as I have only had the phone for 4 days. I delete either a heap of texts or conversations and they come back when phone tries to reload. If I click on a convo it will slow the most resent message and can take 10 minutes if at all to load earlier ones. Even looking in settings message setting takes ages to come up when clicked on

May 17, 2015 4:29 PM in response to modular747

No just trying to get back into a convo. An example is: I deleted all but 2 conversations so I have texts messages from 2 people. Half an hour later message locked up, reset the phone with the home and on/off held. Go back into messages and all convos are there, like I havent deleted anything. Also try delete a pic sent to me and next time I go into messages it is there again, everything is running slow. Doubt it be carrier as when phone is not doing anything sends and recieves fine. (if it is not trying to load texts I mean) however when trying to load nothing will send either. Doesnt even come up with the red explanation mark, just doesnt happen. Red mark indicates carrier.

May 17, 2015 4:38 PM in response to modular747

How are you deleting them. There's no way they can reload in the phone unless you're restoring a backup or the carrier is inappropriately resending them.

SMS delays are common and not related to either call or data performance. The red warning is only for for failed sends that the carrier is aware of.

when phone is not doing anything sends and recieves fine. (if it is not trying to load texts I mean) however when trying to load nothing will send either.

Sorry, that statement makes no sense. Define "trying to load."

May 17, 2015 4:52 PM in response to modular747

Like going into a convo and seeing the texts there. I just deleted 50 in a convo by holding the text bubble selecting more and then tagging the circles on the side. Message will then not update the last text sent (rather still stay at yesterday). If you delete 50 the convo will say January sometime but the list will still be yesterday. And then 48 of them came back. Hard to explain but I am hoping it is starting to make sense. If the carrier was resending them then I would have texts recevied (like new ones) but that doesnt happen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.