Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime won't play .mov file

For some reason Quicktime won't play an old video file of mine. I was trying to watch some videos that I created a few years ago but now Quicktime won't play them. I'm using Quicktime 7.7.6 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit OS with a Intel Core i5-2400 2.10GHz processor. The video itself was created on 4/09/2013 with the following codecs (it's an .mov file):

Stream 0:

Type: Audio

Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

Sample rate: 44100 Hz

Bits per sample: 16

Bitrate: 1411 kb/s

Stream 1:

Type: Video

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)

Resolution: 1080x720

Display resolution: 1080x720

Frame rate: 14.577879

I have tried googling for answers or possible solutions but couldn't find anything. I even tried playing the video on VLC player and it doesn't work there either. Unfortunately, I no longer have the computer I originally created the video on as I bought a new Mac laptop. When I try to play it with Quicktime there is no audio and the video is just a black screen, but Quicktime acts as if it is playing the video. I've tried playing the video in many different Video players that support .mov, but none of them seem to be able to play it anymore either. I have tried to play the video on my Mac laptop as well to no avail. I'm only providing the stats for my Windows PC as any solution I get for my PC should fix it on my Mac and if not, well then at least I can still watch and edit it on my PC.

Any ideas as to why my video won't play on anything anymore?

Thanks

Windows 7

Posted on May 17, 2015 2:01 PM

There are no replies.

Quicktime won't play .mov file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.