Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Faces Corkboard All Black

User uploaded file
My Faces corkboard has black boxes instead of photos for most people - when I hover over some, it'll scroll through the photos while others stay black.
Once inside the album, I can view, but while looking at the unconfirmed faces, some show up as white dashed boxes (below)

User uploaded file

I've been having this problem for a while, but since it stayed after updating to 9.5.1, I decided to ask for help.

If it's any help, I'm running OS X 10.9.5 (both my parents experienced issues when upgrading to Yosemite so I've been hesitant) on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro.
Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 17, 2015 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2015 3:04 PM

Try, if repairing and rebuilding your iPhoto Library will help to fix the broken connections to the faces thumbnails.

• Make a backup copy of the iPhoto Library.
  • Hold down the key combination alt/options key and command key ⌥⌘ while double clicking the iPhoto icon. Select "Repair database" and repair the library. Repeat with "repair Permissions".
  • If you are still seeing black thumbnails, repeat with "Rebuild Library":
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2015 3:04 PM in response to JacklynJohnson

Try, if repairing and rebuilding your iPhoto Library will help to fix the broken connections to the faces thumbnails.

• Make a backup copy of the iPhoto Library.
  • Hold down the key combination alt/options key and command key ⌥⌘ while double clicking the iPhoto icon. Select "Repair database" and repair the library. Repeat with "repair Permissions".
  • If you are still seeing black thumbnails, repeat with "Rebuild Library":

iPhoto Faces Corkboard All Black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.