Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into appstore

Hi every body

i can't sign into my App Store since yesterday i enter my apple Id and the password but then nothing happens .. No error message or any thing it just won't proceed with the sign in any suggestions??

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 17, 2015 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2015 9:55 PM

Go to the App Store app on your device and sign on using that instead of Settings>iTunes & App Store. I just tried it using the iTunes app and that seems to be working fine, but trying it via Settings>iTunes & App Store doesn't seem to be working.

Cheers,

GB

14 replies

May 18, 2015 11:03 AM in response to bakisa2711

OK, but realize that when you sign in via the iTunes or App Store app, you don't get a response. You just need to scroll down to the bottom of the Featured screen to see if your Apple ID is now showing.

You should also make sure that the Settings app is fully closed (double click the Home key and swipe up on the Thumbnails). You can also reset the device (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears. Once the Slide to Unlock screen redisplays, go back to either the iTunes or the App Store app and try to sign in again.

Cheers,

GB

May 22, 2015 6:48 AM in response to bakisa2711

Have you tried:

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

If that doesn't work, try

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

If that doesn't work, then a Backup and Restore may be needed. If you go the Back & Restore route, after you have backed up your device, when you do the first Erase All Settings & Content, do not set it up from the backup - set it up as a new device, then try signing in. If that works, then Erase All Content & Settings again, and set it up from the backup. If it still works at that point, you are good to go. If it doesn't work, then that would indicate that there is some corruption on your device, and you will have to "rebuild" it manually (not from the backup).

Best of luck,

GB

Sep 19, 2015 12:11 PM in response to gail from maine

I have this exact problem right now with my iPad Air, signed out because I wanted to switch stores logged in with my other credetials hit sign in and nothing happens, immediately tried logging in with my original Apple ID I use daily and it's not logging back either. When I fill a wrong password purposely it does prompt me that my my user I'd or password are in correct, otherwise it says nothing.

I Have tried everything from reseting my iPad home+power button

Reset network settings, reset all settings and even some suggestions changing date and time as far as 2023.

Nothing works though , I'm still at 8.3 will a restore to iOS 9 fix this?

Can't sign into appstore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.