Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset an iphone to default factory without apple ID

How can reset an iphone to default factory setting without an Apple ID or password. I do not have acces to my previous email address and my Apple ID is blocked

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 17, 2015 10:50 PM

3 replies

May 17, 2015 10:59 PM in response to gail from maine

Gail, this was my wife's phone, we gave it to my daughter, she changed her passcode and blocked the phone. I got the phone to reset in ITunes but now I need to sign in with her Apple ID and Passcode. My wife lost her password and since resigned from her previous work so we do not have access to her email to reset her apple password. How can I reset this phone to factory setting to set it up as new

May 17, 2015 11:11 PM in response to fantaspretoria

OK, I am confused about where you are running into issues. What is preventing you from resetting to Factory settings? Is your wife's Apple ID still signed into iCloud with Find My iPhone turned on? If that is the case, then the only way to get the device cleared is to turn off Find My iPhone using that old ID and password.

As far as your wife's Apple ID, if she didn't change it, then it is still out there under the email address she set it up under (regardless of whether or not it is still valid or being used). She can go to Manage your Apple ID and click on Reset Password for that email address. She will have to answer the Security Questions in order to get in to change the password. If she doesn't remember the Security Questions, she can contact Apple Support to have them reset:

Manage your Apple ID: Apple - My Apple ID

Apple Support: ACCOUNT SECURITY CONTACT

If you could provide a little more info on whether or not your wife changed her Apple ID that was using the work email address, or whether she set up a brand new Apple ID, that may change what needs to be done to get the device to a place where it can be reset to Factory Settings.

Cheers,

GB

Reset an iphone to default factory without apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.