Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attaching images from Photos to Outlook

Hello,

I tried to attach an image from Photos into Outlook by these two methods: first, Drag and Drop from Photos directly to the email window in Outlook 2011. Failed. Second, I tried to use "Attach" in Outlook to and locate the image on the disc in "Pictures" directory, where all photos used to be stored before. I only found some strange directories with totally unrecognizable folder structure where I cannot find anything. Failed again.

I know I can export from Photos app to Desktop or to send myself the image by email, but that is sooooo much hassle... I can understand Apple is trying to merge iOS and OS X features, but this is really a bad one. Now I am also thinking: how to actually edit my pictures in other software, when I cannot even find the file on the disc? That really worries me. With all respect, Photos is rather a primitive app, and sometimes I wish to do more to my pics. But where did they go??

Thank, L.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 17, 2015 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2015 8:57 PM

Untill Outlook is updated to support Photos, drag the image to the desktop, then from desktop to Outlook. If you want the original resolution and metadata, Option-drag.

If you prefer, you can continue to use iPhoto just as you did before.

1 reply

Attaching images from Photos to Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.