Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mother has a 2008 mini mac with aprox 2.5gb of space.

my mother has a 2008 mini mac with approx 2.5 gb of space remaining. she cant use gmail you tube or tv polonia, a streaming tv service.

when i look up about this mac it says it is up to date yetyou tube and other sites say this version of safari is no longer supported.

spoke to apple support, they said snow leopard is the answer and would fix all these issues plus give her access to the app store.

when i read some fine print snow leopard required more available space than she had on her computer.

will snow leopard work or am i better to have her go to a newer machine?

i am a pc guy so i am not much help to her, and there are no other people on apples that she could ask for help.

i would really appreciate a strait answer if snow leopard is he answer or do i get her on a newer machine

thx

Posted on May 17, 2015 10:41 PM

1 reply

May 17, 2015 10:50 PM in response to autokacz

Hi,

I don't know much about Mac mini's, but if the version you have can only run Snow Leopard as the highest OSx, I would recommend that you purchase a newer machine. It would be the equivalent of upgrading a Windows machine that could only run XP as the highest OS. Since Snow Leopard, OSx has been upgraded to Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and now Yosemite, so the technology and software your Mom's machine would be running is very out of date.

Cheers,

GB

my mother has a 2008 mini mac with aprox 2.5gb of space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.