Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorization Loop - again

I see a lot of people have had this problem over the years, but none of the old solutions seem to fix it for me.

I've set up a new PC, installed iTunes, and tried to sync.

It said the machine needed to be authorized, so I went through that, and then it said I had authorized 2 out of 5 machines.

Fine, but then it immediately asked me to authorize again.

I've tried many things (deauthorizing all machines, turning off UAC, deleting the SC Info folder...), but the same problem always occurs.

When it says I need to be authorized, it threatens to delete my apps. Sometimes it says 28 apps, and other times it says 40 apps.

This makes me think that maybe I used another Apple ID, years ago, to buy some of these apps.

Does anyone know how I can find out about that?

Thanks.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 17, 2015 10:33 PM

13 replies

May 17, 2015 10:36 PM in response to JohnMaxN

Hi John,

In theory, you can go to this link and retrieve a forgotten Apple ID. I'm thinking you would need to supply the email address that may have been used for that forgotten Apple ID, but not 100% sure about that....

FORGOT APPLE ID

Also, see if this support article helps with the Authorization issue:

Repeated Authorize This Computer

Cheers,

GB

May 26, 2015 6:44 AM in response to shaneh125

Well, a couple of other things you can try:

1. Deauthorize All and then Authorize the computer again: Open iTunes and click on your User name, then on Account Info. In the first section you will see the Deauthoize All option. Click on that, and the Authorize your computer again.

2. Go to the bottom of that same Account Info page and Click on Reset All warnings for Buying and Downloading.

Best of luck,

GB

May 26, 2015 1:09 PM in response to shaneh125

Let's go back to your original post:

shaneh125 wrote:

I have this exact same problem everything was fine the other day then i turn on my laptop yesterday and try to sync and i got stuck in the loop.

I take it you were trying to sync an iDevice? Can you describe exactly what happened once you connected your device? What were you syncing, specifically? When during the sync did the Authorization request come up? What, exactly, is the message? What kind of iDevice were you trying to sync?

Cheers,

GB

May 26, 2015 1:47 PM in response to gail from maine

I had just gotten loads of new songs from youtube and was syncing them onto my iphone 6 which has never been a problem before.

I opened itunes and put the songs into a playlist then plugged in my iphone (with the cable it comes with) and everytime the sync stats about 2 seconds in the pop up says the iphone could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorised for purchased items that are on this iphone. to authorise this computer for items purchased from the itunes store. choose store > Authorise this computer.

I click okay it goes away and the phone wont sync. i try authorise it and its says its already authorised. i try again same thing. i deauthorise and re authorise and try again and guess what, same thing.

the sync starts gets to step 2 then jumps to step 4 then the pop up apears

Authorization Loop - again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.