Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud calendar error

Hi!

I've been using iCal / Calendar in OSX as my main calendar for many years. Now I've been using a new MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) running Yosemite 10.10.3 for two months and everything has been normal.

A couple of days ago I ran into a strange problem. Events that don't have invites in them work normally, BUT when people invite me to an event in Calendar, I don't get the invites (they just don't show up). When I try to create events that include invites I get following error message:

Access to “test” in “Home” in account “iCloud” is not permitted.

The server responded:

“403”

to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation.

When I try to create an event with invites in Calendar at www.icloud.com, I get the following error message:

Could create "test".

This event couldn't be created because of a server error. Please try again.

I've tried to sign out of iCloud, disabling and enabling Calendar in iCloud, deleting calendar cache files in library, etc. I've tried basically every tip I've found (some of them in links below:)

Calendar & iCloud "403" error message

http://gotoanswer.com/?q=Access+to+account+%22iCloud%22+not+permitted

So I'm unable to receive Calendar invitations and unable to create events with invitations (even in www.icloud.com).

Please help! 🙂

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 18, 2015 2:48 AM

4 replies

May 18, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Elven Bers

Do you have a solution?

I also got this a while ago. I have deleted all calendar data and prefs files on the mac, disables iCloud totally, rebooted and then I enable it again and import my ical file again. All events with invitations gets this error. Also I cannot invide anyone anymore. Even an empty new calendar gets this error.

Apple bug ?

Apple iCloud temporary problems ?

I probably have to go away from apple iCloud as I am really dependent on my calendar.

P-O

May 19, 2015 12:15 AM in response to pos42

Hi pos42,

I'm also very dependent on my calendar. This most definitely has to be an Apple bug / server problem. I have tried every tip I've found without success. But this morning I received an invitation from my colleague and everything started working again. Try to do all the things posted in these links and then wait a couple of days (mine took 2 days). I hope it works out!

Calendar & iCloud "403" error message

http://gotoanswer.com/?q=Access+to+account+%22iCloud%22+not+permitted

May 21, 2015 4:34 PM in response to Elven Bers

I also have this problem and I know how to duplicate it and avoid it.

In my case, my default calendar is my work calendar. My wife sent me an invitation to a personal event. Before I accepted the event I moved it from the default work calendar to my personal calendar. On my Mac I received the error you are receiving. On my iPhone the event would appear for an instant and then disappear without an error message. On my wife's device it said I never responded even though I accepted it.

I had a little time to play with it tonight and I found that if I accepted the invite in to the default calendar and then went back in and edited the event, moving it to my personal calendar it appears to work. Definitely a bug.

May 22, 2015 1:08 AM in response to Dave Razorsek

As I have only one calendar (+ apples read only holiday cal subscription) in my iPhone and in my MAC it is probably not the error I have.

As I mentioned in my first post I have disabled, deleted and cleaned everything (disabled iCloud on mac and iphone, deleted accounts, caches, plist files, reboots etc) and then re-imported my ical data again and still had the error. Unfortunately I cannot verify what "Elven Bers" says above as I already had created a workaround.

My work around was to import my whole ical file into google calendar and then directly export it again from google. Thereafter it worked ok to import and use in my iCloud calendar. Looking at the ical data file it seems google clean out invited people and its data. I could live with not knowing what people that were invited in old events. After this, new invitations started to work again in my apple iCloud calendar. Maybe because of cleaned out data Or maybe because of what "Elven Bers" says above. Do not know...

One more error and I will go away from iCloud calendar..

Per-Olov

iCloud calendar error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.