Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost "evolving atmosphere.aif" for garageband

Hello

I want to rework an old GB project and "evolving atmosphere.aif" are missing. Impossible to find them on my machine or anywhere on web.

Is someone can help me ?

Thank you. (sorry for my english, i'm french !)

LauGau

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 18, 2015 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2015 4:03 AM

The loops should be installed in the Loop Library in the folder

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/Evolving Atmosphere 01.caf

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/Evolving Atmosphere 10.caf

If you can find the loops in that folder, add them again to the Loop Browser by dragging them directly onto the Loop Browser.

If the loops are missing from the loop library, try to restore from your Time machine backup.

These loops are part of the full set of GarageBand loops. You cannot download these Apple Loops anywhere. You can only reinstall GarageBand to get the full set of loops back. But reinstalling GarageBand'11 from the App Store is tricky, because Apple stopped selling GarageBand '11 after the release of GarageBand 10.0.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2015 4:03 AM in response to LauGau

The loops should be installed in the Loop Library in the folder

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/Evolving Atmosphere 01.caf

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/Evolving Atmosphere 10.caf

If you can find the loops in that folder, add them again to the Loop Browser by dragging them directly onto the Loop Browser.

If the loops are missing from the loop library, try to restore from your Time machine backup.

These loops are part of the full set of GarageBand loops. You cannot download these Apple Loops anywhere. You can only reinstall GarageBand to get the full set of loops back. But reinstalling GarageBand'11 from the App Store is tricky, because Apple stopped selling GarageBand '11 after the release of GarageBand 10.0.

May 18, 2015 4:55 AM in response to LauGau

Do you perhaps still have old installer disks for GarageBand? Either an iLife '09 or 'iLIfe '11 installer DVD? Or a MacOS X installer disks with bundled applications? You may be able to extract the loops from the old installers.

because i have change my machine and it seems that i didn't save all the loops from the older : (

Do you still have a Time Machine backup of the old Mac on an old drive?

May 18, 2015 5:25 AM in response to léonie

I just reinstall from iLife11 the loops folder but it's still the same.

In fact, the extension of those loops is .aif and not .caf

Maybe they were not in the original pack, just an additional pack ?

If you have GB on your Mac, can you check for this loop : "evolving atmosphere" (when you have time of course).

If it is missing too, i will have my response.

Thank you

May 18, 2015 6:01 AM in response to LauGau

The only "Evolving Atmosphere" loops I have installed are

and they are in the "Apple Loops for GarageBand" folder.

But it is hard to say from my library, what should be there, if only GarageBand '11 is installed. I migrated the old loops diligently from from the first GarageBand version to the current GarageBand 10.0.3, and Logic Pro X and MainStage also added to the mix.

Try this link to my Dropbox for the next few hours: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8jeo8jdesilkq5/EvolvingAtmosphere.zip?dl=0

Lost "evolving atmosphere.aif" for garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.