Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Decoy email

I received an email which I suspect is a decoy, pretending to be from Apple. It was stated that someone in Spain used my Apple ID to make a purchase. I am a Singaporean residing in Malaysia. When I clicked on the link "iforgot.apple.com", it brought me to a browser with the URL "nycculturist.com".

Am I right that it is a decoy email?

How do I confirm that my credit card that is linked to my Apple ID has not been used?

Thank you.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on May 18, 2015 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2015 5:39 AM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

4 replies

May 18, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Mrs5ruz

Avoid clicking links in ALL suspect emails.

It is sometimes possible for a browser to be compromised via a malicious script in a webpage, when you visit the site that could attempt to access your device in ways you did not expect - never follow links that you did not initiate (e.g. if you request a password reset on an account & one arrives that is OK to click, but random messages should be treated as suspect & never follow those links).

In this case you should login to iTunes & look at your purchase history to verify if the message is legit.

Decoy email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.