Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Airplay connect to new PC laptops and then disconnect?.

Using Reflector2 (http://airsquirrels.com) on the new laptops (Win7 Pro), AirPlay will only connect up until I switch on mirroring. As long as I don't switch to mirroring AirPlay will stay connected to the laptops. We are on a large network with a domain in a k12 system. Airplay will still connect and mirror to the laptops that the new ones are replacing without issue. Airplay will almost always find the new laptops via the network, but connecting while the mirroring switch is on will result in making the connection for about 1-2 seconds and then promptly disconnect. I have checked firewall and port settings. I find nothing in place to block any of the ports required for communications between the iPhone and the laptops. Likewise, I confirmed that Bonjour is running, but I'm not sure how to check that it, along with mDNS, is "allowed to run on the network".

Also, I get the same results when trying to connect and mirror from our iPads to the new laptops.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, iPads do the same thing.

Posted on May 18, 2015 5:51 AM

There are no replies.

Why does Airplay connect to new PC laptops and then disconnect?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.