Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer personal info like mail accounts from Snow Leopard to Yosemite? Apparantly migration assistance can't handle this!?

How to transfer personal info like mail accounts from Snow Leopard to Yosemite? Apparantly migration assistance can't handle this!?

Posted on May 18, 2015 7:27 AM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2015 5:56 AM in response to LWRO

Hi there and thanks for reacting CMCSK!

I need to step over from an old Macbook (OSX10.6 Snow Leopard) to a new one (Yosemite) and I want to copy all my personal information for accounts and email, not all the documents. Migration assistant then says there is a conflict, already an account with the same name. Then it gives two choices, to replace the account or to change the account name. When selecting it wants to copy all documents too, this is not wanted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.